Play Catchment Detox
The challenge is to manage a river catchment so that after 100 years you have a healthy economy and a healthy environment.
CATCHMENT DETOX GAME Competition
Terms and Conditions
This document sets out the terms of participation in ABC and Science Week's Catchment Detox Game competition (the "Competition").
- The promoter of this Competition is the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (the "Promoter") (ABN 524 292 78345), 700 Harris Street, Ultimo, New South Wales, Australia.
- Entry to the Competition is open to all Australian residents. An entrant’s residential postcode will determine whether the entrant resides in Australia for the purposes of the Competition. An entrant must be an individual or a school-group. Individual entrants under 18 years of age need to have the consent of their parent or guardian to enter. Employees of the Promoter and any person associated with the Competition, and any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s), are not eligible to enter.
- Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. All relevant instructions on the Promoter’s website (if any) form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry into the Competition is free.
- The Competition opens at 12:01am (AEST) on 16 August 2008 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on 5 September 2008 ("Competition Period"). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- To enter the Competition, you must:
- At the completion of an online game of Catchment Detox at www.catchment detox.net.au, choose the 'Enter result in Competition' option; and
- Tell us in 25 words or less, what do you think is the best way you can contribute to the health of your local catchment area?; and
- Complete the contact details correctly and submit the online entry.
- Each entry must include your name, address, email and a daytime telephone contact number or it will be deemed invalid.
- While you may enter the Competition more than once, you cannot win more than one prize. You must submit a properly completed entry form each time you wish to enter the Competition. All entries become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned to the entrants.
- The entrant whose entry is judged by the Promoter’s panel of judges to be the best, most original and creative will win the major prize ("Major Prize Winner"). The school group entrant whose entry is judged by the Promoter’s panel of judges to be the best, most original and creative from all the school-teams' entries will win $1000.00 worth of ABC Shop DVDs and books for their school ("School Group Prize Winner"). Chance plays no part in determining the prize winners.
- The Major Prize Winner will receive either:
- Two return airfares departing from the Winner’s nearest capital city to the Kimberly region of WA ("Airfares");
- two nights twin-share, accommodation for two at Kimberley Grande Hotel, Kununnara ("Accommodation"); and
- two tickets for a Lake Argyle Cruises tour ("Tickets").
The School Group Prize Winner will receive:
- Two return airfares departing from the Winner’s nearest capital city to Mildura ("Airfares");
- two nights twin-share, accommodation for two at the Quality Resort, Rockford ("Accommodation"); and
- two tickets for a Murray Paddlesteamer tour ("Tickets")
- $1000.00 worth of ABC Shop science DVDs and books for their school.
- The Major Prize Winner must comply with any terms and conditions specified by any relevant third party in relation to the Airfares, Accommodation and Tickets.
- The maximum prize value of the Competition is up to $9,000.00.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any costs other than the costs of the Airfares, Accommodation and Tickets. The Major Prize Winner is responsible for all costs associated with using the prize including all travel costs to and from each airport used in connection with using the prize, costs with respect to food and beverages, travel and medical insurance costs, and spending money.
- If the Major Prize Winner is under 18 years old they must take a parent or Guardian as their trip partner.
- The Major Prize Winner must be available to redeem the prize on one of the dates stipulated by the Promoter within 12 months of the winning announcement. If the Major Prize Winner is not able to redeem the prize on those dates, the Promoter may determine another prize winner in its discretion.
- No component of the prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash. In the event that any of the prizes become unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation.
- You warrant that all details provided with your entry are true and accurate.
- You agree that the Promoter may use your entry and any personal details provided to the Promoter for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the Promoter in any media without notice and without any fee being paid to you.
- Decisions of the Promoter and its panel of judges are final and will be binding on each person who enters the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into. The name of the Major Prize Winner and the School Group Prize Winner plus the city/town/suburb in which he/she lives will be announced on the Catchment Detox website (www.catchmentdetox.net.au) and also at ABC Science Online (www.abc.net.au/science) on 11 September.
- If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter’s conduct of the Competition or the Promoter’s ability to deliver the prize/s to the prize winner/s of the Competition, the Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- To the full extent permitted by the law, the Promoter will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or inconsequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize or damage to any prize in transit and the Major Prize Winner’s failure to comply with the terms and conditions (if any) specified by any third party in relation to any Airfares, Accommodation, and/or Tickets as applicable.